Two Milwaukee women charged in Wauwatosa George Webb shooting

Two Milwaukee women were charged on Monday after a George Webb employee was shot in the face while he was already on the ground following an argument at the Wauwatosa restaurant on Jan. 30.

Bryanna Johnson and Breanta Johnson, both 20, have each been charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court with attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

The complaint says Bryanna Johnson shot the 26-year-old employee after Breanta Johnson punched him and knocked him to the ground. Breanta Johnson also stomped on the employee’s face after he was shot, according to the complaint.

If convicted, the women each face up to 60 years in prison. They are being held on cash bail of $100,000 each, according to online court records.

Both women were due to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on February 15.

According to the criminal complaint:

Police were dispatched to the restaurant at 12201 W. North Ave. just after midnight on January 30.

Police questioned another restaurant worker who said the restaurant’s four women were “impatient and rude”. The employee said the women were angry because their food was not served quickly enough.

Police also viewed surveillance video from the restaurant.

The two employees asked the women to leave the restaurant. Breanta Johnson left the restaurant but quickly returned with a gun which she handed to Bryanna Johnson. The four women started arguing with the employees near the cash register.

Breanta Johnson punched the employee and threw him to the ground. Bryanna Johnson then shot him in the face, according to the complaint. After Breanta Johnson stomped on the employee’s face, the four women left the restaurant.

Four days after the shooting, Wauwatosa police said they arrested four adult women after executing two search warrants in the city of Milwaukee.

A statement from George Webb Restaurants said the employee is in stable condition after being rushed to hospital following the shooting.

A GoFundMe campaign, All in for Anthony, has so far raised more than $19,000 for the employee’s recovery. A reporter contacted the employee’s family, but they did not respond to an interview request. Authorities have not released the name of the victim.

The employee’s mother provided an update on the fundraising page on Monday.

“As most of you know, Anthony was shot directly in the face. Anthony lost his teeth and a large part of his tongue on the right side of his face. He has bullet fragments in his sinuses. and his lungs and the bullet severed a major artery in his neck and remains in his neck,” the update read.

“I can’t thank everyone enough for the outpouring of love, support and prayers,” the update also read.

Evan Casey can be reached at 414-403-4391 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter @ecaseymedia.

About Marc Womack

Check Also

Suspect wanted in two separate robberies on west side of Milwaukee

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – A man claiming to have a gun successfully committed two robberies …