MILWAUKEE, WI – Why not take mom to brunch in Milwaukee after self-isolating from the COVID-19 pandemic for two straight years? Several restaurants in the Milwaukee area are open for reservations on May 8.
Here are several Milwaukee-area restaurants available for Mother’s Day 2022.
- blue egg
- 317 N 76th Street, Milwaukee
- Open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday to Monday
- Uncle Wolfie’s Breakfast Tavern
- 234 E. Vine St.
- Open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday to Monday
- The nasty jump
- 345 N Broadway, Milwaukee
- Brunch hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
OpenTable said an analysis of its data shows Mother’s Day reservations with its customers are up 39% from 2019 before the pandemic and 13% from 2021.
And in a survey of 1,255 adults, 45% said they planned to make up for lost time with their mothers and mother figures during the pandemic by “going big” this year. And 48% of moms surveyed said their ideal Mother’s Day was going out for brunch or dinner.
Of these, nearly half (47%) opt for brunch. The most popular cuisines represented on the list are American (30%), French (19%), Contemporary American (11%) and Seafood (10%).