MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Edgewood College men’s lacrosse team dropped out of a NACC contest against MSOE Wednesday night at Viets Field. MSOE took an early lead and never looked back, resulting in a 21-6 final.
HOW DID IT HAPPEN
– Edgewood College (3-7, 0-4 NACC) had its best offensive performance in the second period, scoring three goals. The Eagles closed the gap to the Raiders to just four goals after an unassisted score of Ethan Packham at the ninth minute of the period. Nick Orosco started scoring early for the Eagles in the second period, netting a man goal just 22 seconds in, assisted by Dylan Oas. Tyler Stockwell would connect just three minutes later, assisted by Packham for the third goal of the night.
– At halftime, MSOE (8-2, 4-0) led the Eagles 11-4. The Raiders scored seven goals in the second period. The Eagles managed to hold the Raiders to just 10 goals in the final 30 minutes of action.
– The Raiders dominated face-offs, winning 22 of 28 games and controlling possession for most of the game. MSOE took 61 hits to Edgewood College’s only 29. Moreover, they shared the ball well, collecting assists on 14 of their 21 goals.
– Luke Quakenbush finished with 17 saves for the Eagles. Quakenbush also led Edgewood College with four balls on the ground. Ryder Patano was key for the Eagles on defense, notching a team-record three that caused turnovers.
– Tanner Whipps had six goals and four assists for the Raiders on Wednesday night. Soren Savard and Sam Thompson each found the back of the net three times, while nine different MSOE players scored.
– John Kubicki picked up 10 balls on the ground. Sean Finneran had nine saves in 45 minutes in the Raiders goal.
– Edgewood College will host Aurora University on Saturday, April 16. Action from Edgewood College Field in Reddan Park is scheduled for 11:00 a.m.